Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not uploading to iCloud from Photos?

Hi all,

I have recently purchased 200GB worth of storage for iCloud and was hoping to store all my photos on iCloud and see them on all my devices. I thought that it would automatically upload and I knew it would take some time as I have 20,000 pictures but its only upload 1,800 photos from the photos program...

Can anyone help to explain why its done this or how I get all 20,000 up to iCloud?

Thanks

Andy

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iPhone, iPad, iPod 3rd Gen and iMac G4

Posted on May 3, 2015 10:08 AM

9 replies

Nov 15, 2017 8:17 AM in response to Andy Sarbutt

Sorry to use the answer button but i have the same problem, my photos on my iMac stop to upload to the Cloud when around 20% is done. I had this problem before so i restarted the photo and deleted all photos so nothing was left in the cloud and in photos on any of my devices.

I uploaded all photos again in photos on my iMac and activated icloud again on my devices, and the same result. The uploading stops after 20% of the photos are uploaded and nothing happens. I have more than 90% left on my account for icloud so no prblem there. How to kick start the uploading again?

If this won't get solved soon i need to find another solution for my photo library and I do not want that I want to use the features as they are supposed to be used.

Please anyone, how can i do this? And if the solution is to stop the icloud on all devises and then start it again i have tried that and to only result was that the photos already uploaded was uploaded again so i ended up with two of every photo before the uploading stopped again at the same place as last.

Desperate Björn.....

Nov 15, 2017 10:23 AM in response to nordlund

How long have the photos been uploading? The upload process is very slow. If you go to Photos/Preferences/iCloud, does it show an upload is in progress? If so, I would let it continue.

If you want to restart the sync, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop Photos syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing.

Nov 15, 2017 9:17 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric, i want to clarify that the sznc always work up to 16 000 photos of 28 800 and then stop. I have paused and activiate again, and also as you suggest go to preferences. The sync has not moved for from 16 000 photos in 8 days, and no new photos can be found when i log in to icloud or been downloaded to ipad. It just stop to sync

and as i said when this happend before i started over and did it all from scratch but with the same result

Nov 17, 2017 5:14 AM in response to Eric Root

Will try that... Yesterday i stopped the icloud synch completly and started it again after a few hours, result... Upload stopped at the same number BUT all pictures already uploaded to icloud now downloaded again so I have the once that worked double now in my photo folder on the imac. I am sorry to say i start to hate photos. :-)

Jul 4, 2015 8:13 PM in response to gogarthe4

Same Issue

I have 200 GB of iCloud space - My photos have not uploaded on the cloud for over a month. Why is this? I can see my last upload was yesterday but still my photos have not been uploaded. I get a warning asking me to connect to Wifi so the back-up can begin...I'm always on the same Wifi.

If i go to Settings > iCloud > Photos > it says "200 items to upload - 2,2240 items to download" - - - nothing is uploading and nor is anything downloading.

iPhotos on my Mac has the latest photo dated the 16th of May 2015 - This is some time ago now. I would like me all my latest photos on my Mac and iPhone.

Can you please help me fix this issue.

Thank you

Photos not uploading to iCloud from Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.