Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pattern on edge of display iMac 2011

I have an intel imac 27" (EMC - 2429). I have noticed that the edge of the screen has this weird pattern on it. Like dripping paint. This is about the only way i can describe it. See attachment.

The moire pattern that you see in the image is an effect of the pixels in the camera vs the pixels in the screen and is not actually on the screen. The so called "dripping" effect is on the screen and of course does not show up in screen shots. I feel like it is some layer on the LCD panel itself that is becoming detached.

User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:08 PM

2 replies

May 3, 2015 1:15 PM in response to htown

If you are still under warranty and/or have AppleCare, call them. Let them deal w/it.

You may be entitled to home tech support repair because you have a desktop. You won't have to lug your iMac to a repair shop.

OOW: Take your Mac to your local Apple Store or an AASP. Diagnostic testing is FREE!

Other OOW options:

How to save money on Mac repairs with your credit card’s extended warranty

User uploaded file

pattern on edge of display iMac 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.