Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi i have a iPod 5th gen it ran out of charge so as you would i put it on charge however after 25 mins i went over to see it and it wont turn on what so ever. I have held in the lock button and theres no sign of it turning on. Can anyone help? Thanks

Hi i have a iPod 5th gen it ran out of charge so as you would i put it on charge however after 25 mins i went over to see it and it wont turn on what so ever. I have held in the lock button and theres no sign of it turning on. Can anyone help? Thanks

Posted on May 3, 2015 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 10:32 AM

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 10:32 AM in response to Jonny Thompson

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.