Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP7 viewer (motion tab) vs FCPX inspector ??

I'm a FC express 4 (almost similar to FCP7) user, I want to change to FCPX. I'm running a trial version, there are reasonable good changes, but there is 1 important thing missing.

The viewer window is missing, in the viewer you could find the tabs video, filters, motion, etc... And this for one object (picture or video).

In these tabs Filters and Motion you could see different "timelines", in these timelines you could click bullets or markers. See example below.

User uploaded file

In FCPX there is the inspector. But there are no timelines like explained here above. You can mark, change an effect or movement; but these marks you can't find them in any timeline... 😟

User uploaded file

Is there a way to find something similar on FCPX?

I've googled it, I've found nothing.

If someone could help me

Best regards,

Kristof

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 3, 2015 1:20 PM

6 replies

May 4, 2015 12:04 PM in response to calu_kc

Read the Manual about the Video Animation Editor, or just hit ctrl-v while a clip in the Project is selected. There you have the tiny bubbles = keyframe indicators.

General hint for better understanding the differences btw. FC/e and FCPX:

legacy versions were timeline-based = 'tracks', new FCPX is clip-based = no tracks! … (when you compose clips, there are tracks, yes, but in general...)

needs a while to get that "Ahhaaa" in the gear box … but then, it's easy! 😉

May 4, 2015 1:22 AM in response to calu_kc

There is a sort of Viewer similar to legacy FCP/Ex.

You switch it on if you want it in the Window menu, Show Event Viewer.

FCP X has a completely different UI so it's best to forget about how things used to be done.

All the functions are there but a different looking set of tools are used and they are put into a different place.

User uploaded file

Al

FCP7 viewer (motion tab) vs FCPX inspector ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.