Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to get itunes to burn a disc on a Samsung external drive but I get a message disc burner or software not found. Itunes 11.1.5.5 does recognize a bought disc in the drive.

I am trying to get itunes to burn a disc on a Samsung external drive but I get a message disc burner or software not found. Itunes 11.1.5.5 does recognize a bought disc in the drive.

Samsung USB 2.0 Ultra Portable Exte-OTHER, Windows Vista, itunes

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:37 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 11:39 AM in response to torritude

Hello torritude,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with iTunes on your Windows machine. If you are getting a "Disc burner or software not found" error when trying to burn disks from iTunes, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

iTunes for Windows: Optical drive is no longer recognized, or "Disc burner or software not found" alert after install - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.