Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro screw and foot coming off

I have a Macbook Pro, Early 2011 model (non-retina). On the bottom right corner, on the underside, a screw keeps coming loose after multiple attempts to screw it back in. As well, the rubber foot on that corner is coming off. Neither of these issues are occurring with other screws or feet. Is there anything I should do? Is it possible that something inside the casing is causing that area to be problematic? I found this link in regards to the foot, but I am unsure if it applies to me. Thank you very much.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:57 PM

sorry, don't know if that link applies to you or not either-all I can say is "take it in to your local Apple store after making an appointment"

as for the screw....that depends--have you undone and replaced the screw before? if you have ( I don't know if you have or not) there is a certain way that the screws have to go in to the bottom case. there are 3 long ones at the right and back of the case, then some short ones, until you get to the front, then there are 3 or 4 shoulder screws. If you haven't undone or replaced them at all, then all I can say is what I said in the first sentence

"make an appointment and take it in". If you have AppleCare, you're covered, if not, oh well, at least you'll have an answer to your question and a solution to your problem

JB

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 12:57 PM in response to tomas159

sorry, don't know if that link applies to you or not either-all I can say is "take it in to your local Apple store after making an appointment"

as for the screw....that depends--have you undone and replaced the screw before? if you have ( I don't know if you have or not) there is a certain way that the screws have to go in to the bottom case. there are 3 long ones at the right and back of the case, then some short ones, until you get to the front, then there are 3 or 4 shoulder screws. If you haven't undone or replaced them at all, then all I can say is what I said in the first sentence

"make an appointment and take it in". If you have AppleCare, you're covered, if not, oh well, at least you'll have an answer to your question and a solution to your problem

JB

Macbook Pro screw and foot coming off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.