Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.2 Quits Unexpectedly When Starting/Updating Library

When I open FCPX 10.2 it tells me:

User uploaded file

and whether I press OK, Cancel, or do nothing, it just quits unexpectedly after a few seconds.

When I press OK the messages show that it seems to be reading and updating my library fine and then it just crashes.

It isn't due to a specific file because it still crashes if I press to not scan the library.

I have a Macbook Pro 13 inch from early 2011, running Yosemite 10.10.3, 2.3 GHz Intel i5, 8GB of RAM, and 512MB Intel HD graphics.

FCPX has worked fine on my computer until now.

What can I do?

Should I try and reinstall?

Has my library already been compromised if its started updating bits of it before crashing? (Being an idiot I didn't back anything up)

Thanks,

Umru

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 3, 2015 11:51 AM

4 replies

May 3, 2015 12:02 PM in response to umru

So I deleted my preferences and now the program opens, but it is impossible to load my Library. As soon as I load my library it crashes instantly.

I saw a thread about having to make a new account to switch to whenever I need to edit. Is that the only solution? I don't want to have to switch accounts every time I want to edit.

May 4, 2015 4:38 AM in response to umru

I assume by now you've now validated your fonts. So another question is whether something in a specific project (i.e., the one you're trying to load) is causing FCP to crash…or whether it's any project.

Delete preferences when you launch the application since they often get corrupted in crashes, In the new library import some media. Make a test project and edit a few clips to the timeline. Close Final Cut and reopen. It will automatically load that test project, If it crashes, I'd say there is either a problem with your user account or in the installation of the application.

Anyway, let us know what happens.

Russ

May 5, 2015 1:25 PM in response to Russ H

Actually it seemed like the font fix I found in another post worked.. I validated and then cleared the font cache, cleared all plugins, restarted, then cleared the preferences again when opening Final Cut. Then I was able to open up my library fine after it took a while to think about it. Seems to have been working fine so far.

Thank you both for the help though, much appreciated.

Umru

FCPX 10.2 Quits Unexpectedly When Starting/Updating Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.