Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add special characters in Pages version 5.5.3?

I need to type beta. Perviously, there was always a "Special Characters" option in the Edit section of Pages, but now it seems that all I can add are emojis and other picture-type symbols. I tried searching the Help section for special character, or character view, or something that might be able to insert beta all to no avail. I tried calling Apple customer service, but it seems that I would have to pay an Apple Care fee to get to talk to someone. There must be a way to do it, but I can't figure out how.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 2:31 PM

kaxmorg wrote:

now it seems that all I can add are emojis and other picture-type symbols

Starting the 10.3.3 Special Characters has a new name, Emoji & Symbols. But it is still the Character Viewer. You may need to "expand" it to get the full version.

OS X Yosemite: Use the Character Viewer

Typing beta in the search box should get you that.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 2:31 PM in response to kaxmorg

kaxmorg wrote:

now it seems that all I can add are emojis and other picture-type symbols

Starting the 10.3.3 Special Characters has a new name, Emoji & Symbols. But it is still the Character Viewer. You may need to "expand" it to get the full version.

OS X Yosemite: Use the Character Viewer

Typing beta in the search box should get you that.

How can I add special characters in Pages version 5.5.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.