Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I move music to a new ID?

There is one apple account in our house which is mine (the account not the house) Over the years I've purchased lots of music for myself but also some for my daughters ipod/phone. I wouldn't open an account for her as she was too young, both the ipod and the iPhone have iTunes installed under my account. Now she's getting to the age where I can trust her to have her own account (We've just bought her first laptop) and I would like to set up a new account for her and transfer her music to it. Is it possible to do this or will she have to buy it all again? Thanks.

iPhone 4S, Windows 8, Uploaded windows 8.1

Posted on May 3, 2015 11:32 AM

5 replies

May 3, 2015 11:40 AM in response to screeminjesus

Family Sharing is designed to address that need. Up to six family members can share each other's music and apps: https://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/family-sharing/

Strictly speaking it is not possible to transfer purchases from one Apple ID to another Apple ID, and for a variety of reasons it's best for each person in your family to have his or her own Apple ID. I believe that once you set up Family Sharing, everything will fall into place.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Can I move music to a new ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.