Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems after updating

Hello there,

I have updated My daughters iPhone 5 to iOS 8.3 using my Macbook pro. Now when someone is calling her via FaceTime, call is coming to my iPhone 5s.

Any suggestions how to resolve problem?

Thanks in advance

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 3, 2015 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 11:50 PM

It sounds as if you used your data (on your MacBook Pro) to update someone else's (your daughter's) iPhone. This was a mistake.

You should use your daughter's computer to update her iPhone. You should have her information backed up on her computer. As it is, her iPhone captured your information.

If she does not have her own computer, then create a separate username/password account for her on your MacBook Pro. Make sure never to mix up her information with yours.

UPDATE - You might consider restarting setting up her iPhone with Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings assuming she already has an iPhone backup (of just her stuff, not yours), and then do the update and recovery using her data.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 11:50 PM in response to alexandre251

It sounds as if you used your data (on your MacBook Pro) to update someone else's (your daughter's) iPhone. This was a mistake.

You should use your daughter's computer to update her iPhone. You should have her information backed up on her computer. As it is, her iPhone captured your information.

If she does not have her own computer, then create a separate username/password account for her on your MacBook Pro. Make sure never to mix up her information with yours.

UPDATE - You might consider restarting setting up her iPhone with Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings assuming she already has an iPhone backup (of just her stuff, not yours), and then do the update and recovery using her data.

Problems after updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.