Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual DVI Displays (extended desktop) via 1 HDMI Port ?

Hi, I have a late 2013 MacBook Pro w/Retina Display 15” Quad Core 2.6Ghz i7 with 16Gb ram.

Running the latest OS (10.10.3) and all latest updates, etc..

I have 2 23” Apple Cinema Displays which are DVI. I would like them to be used as “Extended Desktop” style on this computer.

I understand this is possible via the Thunderbolt ports (correct?), but would ideally like them to come out the HDMI port (and work like “Extended Desktop”).

This is because I will have the bandwidth of my Thunderbolt bus maxed out. And would hate for the video to slow anything down as I will have many drives and interfaces on the TB ports that need the data.

I am not looking to mirror the displays, but want “Extended Desktop”. I am hoping the 1 HDMI port can support that somehow, maybe with adapters ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated as far as my options.

Thanks !

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Quad Core 2.6Ghz i7, 16Gb Ram

Posted on May 3, 2015 4:10 PM

1 reply

Dual DVI Displays (extended desktop) via 1 HDMI Port ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.