Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I uninstall ipvanish VPN?

Bought this VPN to get my business email while I was in Europe. Now I cannot uninstall the thing and the company is NOT helping.

MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2017 9:11 PM

Hello,

After struggling for a while to figure this out, the answer is pretty straightforward. I believe IPVanish software somehow messes up the network connections behind the scenes, so simply resetting them did the trick for me.

After moving the IPVanish application to the trash bin, this is what I did:

1) Open System Preferences

2) Go to 'Network'

3) Select the network causing connection issues and push the minus ( - ) button

4) Push 'Apply'

5) Push the plus button ( + )

6) Re-add the connection

7) Enjoy your internet working!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2017 9:11 PM in response to ajwpharmd

Hello,

After struggling for a while to figure this out, the answer is pretty straightforward. I believe IPVanish software somehow messes up the network connections behind the scenes, so simply resetting them did the trick for me.

After moving the IPVanish application to the trash bin, this is what I did:

1) Open System Preferences

2) Go to 'Network'

3) Select the network causing connection issues and push the minus ( - ) button

4) Push 'Apply'

5) Push the plus button ( + )

6) Re-add the connection

7) Enjoy your internet working!

Jun 15, 2017 4:52 PM in response to dalmcmul

Being a non-techie, after struggling for HOURS with no results using my iphone to search for procedures including flushing the DNS cache thru Terminal, I came back to your reply and found that the network connection that needed to be removed and replaced was WiFi. I wish you would have added the following process to your reply, but thanks for getting me on the way to resolving it.

After adding it back to the Networks panel, it still didn't work because an IP address had not been set. I clicked the Advanced button at lower right of the window and then the TCP/IP tab, then clicked the Renew DHCP Lease button and Apply.

THAT finally solved it.

IPVanish <--- What a hassle.

Jul 15, 2017 6:55 AM in response to ajwpharmd

I had the same problem. I uninstalled IP Vanish and removed it from the network connections (bottom right of toolbar).

Then Using Windows, I went to Settings - Network and Internet - Status. Then at the bottom it says "Network Reset". Click this and then restart. IP Vanish removed, and internet connection working perfectly. Not using IP Vanish again. Heard good things about Nord VPN. Hope this helps.

How do I uninstall ipvanish VPN?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.