Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto not working with upgrade to yosemite

Upgraded to Yosemite. Now the iPhoto says that I need to upgrade to the latest version. It goes on to say that "The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac is not compatible with OS X Yosemite. Download the latest version for free from the Mac App Store". I then search the app store and it says "The item you've requested is not currently available in the Canadian Store". What do I do? Thank you for any help.

iMac 350, Mac OS 9.2.x

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:55 PM

4 replies

May 3, 2015 2:26 PM in response to roger stewart

Try what Terence Devlin posted in this post to download iPhoto 9.6.1:

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

User uploaded file

May 4, 2015 11:16 AM in response to Old Toad

Thank you for your reply. So I trashed iPhoto, then went to the app store to find iPhoto. It does not come up under the search. Nor is it available or hidden in purchases. iPhoto came with the computer so that may be why it does not show up in purchases. Why is it not showing up in the app store? Is it because,"The item you've requested is not currently available in the Canadian Store". That statement is from my original question. I'm stumped.

iphoto not working with upgrade to yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.