Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete an Apple Watch backup from my iPhone?

After some Apple Watch troubleshooting, I have an unwanted Apple Watch backup stored on my iPhone. How do I delete it?

Watch Standard 42mm, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:40 PM

9 replies

Sep 4, 2017 2:11 PM in response to pjsercel

iOS 10: iPhone > Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Storage > Manage Storage > Watch

Swipe left to delete.

Backups are created every time you unpair your Watch. If you've never unpaired it, you won't have a backup. You won't need to re-pair your Watch to see the backup. You will need to re-pair your Watch to use it.

Sep 28, 2015 3:26 PM in response to johnnygoodface

If you have iOS 9 under Manage Storage, not the iCloud section but the device storage which is shown first on my device, after all the apps with data amounts have loaded scroll down to just about the very last ones at the bottom of the screen. It was next to last on mine. When I tapped on that it showed all 3 backups and the dates they had been made and can be deleted individually.

This is on my new 6S that I paired the watch to after un-pairing it from the previous phone and then restoring that device's backup to the new phone. So everything was carried over.

Nov 28, 2015 12:57 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

So what you are saying is that you need to first pair your watch twice before your backup will show? Is this said anywhere in the manuals from Apple? I am returning my watch to Apple today because the crystal came completely lose from the casing. I'm not sure if they will repair the crystal or replace watch. Is the watch sealed hermetically? What do I need to watch out for if they do repair the watch?

richjh

Nov 28, 2015 1:19 PM in response to richjh

You have to have un-paired once to have a backup. Then you can go to storage on the phone and delete any backup showing there. If the screen has come off the watch they should replace it not repair it. It's still under a one year warranty and if you have Apple Care they can ship you a new one right away.

How do I delete an Apple Watch backup from my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.