Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod keeps deleting photos!

My daughter has an iPod Touch. It keeps deleting and restoring her photos (she has a LOT). It does this repeatedly, and it is driving her (and therefore me) crazy!

We took it to the Apple store, and since it was under warranty, they replaced it. We restored it from iCloud and the new one does the same thing. Help, please!

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8

Posted on May 3, 2015 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 1:12 PM

Deleting and restoring from what album?

Is PhotoStream Turned on?

Is PhotoStream sharing turned on?

Is another device using the same iCloud ID?

Wha6t is the iPod doint when this happens?

5 replies

May 3, 2015 1:14 PM in response to lllaass

Deleting and restoring from what album? All of them...it deletes all albums and all photos.

Is PhotoStream Turned on? No

Is PhotoStream sharing turned on? No

Is another device using the same iCloud ID? Yes

Wha6t is the iPod doint when this happens? It says there are no photos or videos on it, then it has been restoring them, but now it isn't even doing that.

Thanks!

May 3, 2015 3:38 PM in response to roaminggnome

Thanks. 🙂

But...Won't that get rid of all her stuff? She has about 14,000 pictures, hundreds of songs and apps, etc. all of which are vitally important to her (she's 13). We don't plug these iPods in to iTunes on the computer because several people in our family share the same Apple ID and it puts everyone's stuff on there, not just hers. That's why I liked the iCloud backups.

May 4, 2015 2:21 AM in response to cplott

Yes, restoring to factory settings/new iPod erases the iPod..

When you restore from iCloud backup it can take many hours for all the data like photos to be restored. That may be whay yu say they keep appearings.

You said that PhotoStream is not on in Settings>iCloud? Are you sure since you are using the same ID photos from other devices will be synced via wifi to the devices.

To sysnce multiple devices to one computer see:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1495

I would try that. Yo may have to backup the iPod to iTunes and restore from that backup

iPod keeps deleting photos!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.