Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and linked Exchange account

Are items that are added to my calendar and contacts through a linked Exchange account at work permanently saved/backed up on iCloud. In other words, if/when I no longer work there and this account is closed will I still have access to these calendar and contact items, or will they disappear when the Exchange account no longer exists?

Posted on May 3, 2015 1:02 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2015 3:59 PM in response to Anne Phillips

Nothing from Exchange can or will be linked to icloud. Exception is configuration of exchange settings in icloud backup. Exchange is the same type of database as Icloud is, just a bit more sophisticated and created by Microsoft for business needs, unlike icloud created by Apple. Those two do not share info with each other. Once exchange account is closed, you will still see that info on the phone until your phone will attempt to sync with server and then it will be gone. So before account is gone you may want to talk to your support guys to find out if they allow you any forms of backup and most likely they will not.

iCloud and linked Exchange account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.