Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro Dual Monitors in Boot Camp Windows 8.1 Pro

I just set up my 2013 Mac Pro with Bootcamp using Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and so far everything works great (albeit the initial setup was a struggle) except that Windows won't use my 2nd monitor. In device manager I see both displays but one has the exclamation on it saying there was a problem and it won't be enabled (yes, that generic too, gotta love Microsoft). I really want to be able to use both displays when I am in boot camp, is there anything I can do to fix this? I have made sure both Windows and Mac are fully updated and still no love.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Late 2013 / 32GB RAM / 256GB SSD

Posted on May 3, 2015 1:39 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2015 5:58 AM in response to Loner T

Thank you for the link but it wasn't helpful as it only really said compatibility. What did finally resolve the issue was going directly to AMD and finding that they updated the BootCamp specific drivers. For other that stumble upon this, you cannot use the normal drivers from AMD but you must search for the bootcamp specific drivers (which also includes an updated Catalyst utility and a couple extra things not included in Apples release of the drivers).

Mac Pro Dual Monitors in Boot Camp Windows 8.1 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.