Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can somebody advice me what to do, when I want to play video on iPad, the screen is just black....but in iTunes it shows he movies are there.

Can somebody advice me what to do... when I want to play video on iPad, the screen is just black....it was just fine this morning. In iTunes it shows the movies are there.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 3, 2015 1:34 PM

5 replies

May 3, 2015 1:44 PM in response to gabrika

Try closing the Videos App and reset your iPad. No data will be lost.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

To reset the device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

May 4, 2015 11:05 AM in response to gabrika

Try starting the movie using a backdoor approach.

Swipe down from the middle of any home screen in order to bring up the Spotlight Search Feature. Type in the name of the movie in the text field. When the movie appears in the search, tap on it and that should launch the videos app and hopefully the movie will being to play.

User uploaded file

Can somebody advice me what to do, when I want to play video on iPad, the screen is just black....but in iTunes it shows he movies are there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.