Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro (mid 2012) crashed and now it can't find my HDD

Someone please help! My Macbook Pro (mid 2012) recently froze and turned off on me. When I start it back again, it gives me a blinking grey folder with a question mark. And when I start it up using the Option key, I get Internet Recovery. When I chose Internet Recovery, I went to disk utility but all I could find is my Superdrive and the Base Disk0 thing. I installed a clean OS X Mountain Lion from an external hard drive (which I am currently using).

I thought maybe my hard drive just gave out on me so I installed a Crucial MX200 SSD in place of my old hard drive. After that, I booted it up and I still get the blinking folder. The system can't even find my SSD. Can someone suggest something that I should do from here. Should I maybe place the new SSD in place of the Superdrive using a enclosure?

Any advice would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Mid 2012

Posted on May 3, 2015 4:08 PM

There are no replies.

Macbook Pro (mid 2012) crashed and now it can't find my HDD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.