Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

overlap build in with action?

In Keynote 6.5.3 I can use "Build In" to make a dissolve fade-in, and then I can either "Magic Move" or create an "Action" to make a pan or scale change. But I can't get the "Build in" dissolve and the "Magic Move" pan/scale change to overlap? When playing the slideshow the dissolve happens first and THEN the pan and scale change starts. How can I have them all start at the same time?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 3, 2015 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 5:17 AM

Builds, Transitions and Actions can't be combined together as they are separate types of effect, each effect type must be completed before the next effect type can be started.

A series of Builds can't be created on the same object, however a series of actions can be created all actioned from the first effect.

This example shows 4 actions; rotate, scale, Move and opacity all running at the same time:

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 5:17 AM in response to Berntinurny

Builds, Transitions and Actions can't be combined together as they are separate types of effect, each effect type must be completed before the next effect type can be started.

A series of Builds can't be created on the same object, however a series of actions can be created all actioned from the first effect.

This example shows 4 actions; rotate, scale, Move and opacity all running at the same time:

User uploaded file

overlap build in with action?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.