Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import pictures without password

I have an IPhone 5c and the touch screen is not working, I've tried restarting my phone several times and cleaning the screen but it still doesn't work. I want to import my pictures to my laptop but I'm unable to because I need a password to do this. Also I didn't import my photos to iCloud so I don't have that as a backup. Any suggestions on how I can import my pictures and also fix the touch screen?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 3, 2015 4:11 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 1:22 PM in response to daniellefromireland

Hello Danielle,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I see that your screen is not responding to touch. You said that were were able to restart your iPhone, do did it respond then when you had to swipe to shut down? If you were unable to restart, then the other option is to reset the iPhone. For exact troubleshooting steps for this issue, please see the information below.

Make sure your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart, reset your device.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Have a good one,

Alex H.

Import pictures without password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.