Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

looping videos on Apple TV from iTunes

we have a tv set up in our reception area with an appletv gen 3 attached

i can get it to play our promo videos wirelessly from iTunes on our iMac, but only individually is there no way to play them on a loop so all are played then it starts again?

if theres no direct way does anyone know a third party route i could go?

thanks

Apple TV 3-OTHER

Posted on May 3, 2015 4:27 PM

4 replies

May 5, 2015 4:04 AM in response to Winston Churchill

no, but it would be nice if you were polite and courteous.

I FOUND AN EASY SOLUTION:

Not only is this possible, it is surprisingly easy:

1. on the AppleTV (I only tried with a gen3), make sure you go to the Audio/Video section and change the Repeat Music setting to ON.
  2. next, add your videos to iTunes (I tested this only with iTunes 12 and an iMac running OS 10.10)
  3. create a playlist (I used a smart playlist so any video I add to iTunes and give 5 stars to is added to the loop automatically)
  4. select all videos in the playlist and change the video ‘type’ to music videos.
  5. on the AppleTV, go to Computers > yourcomputername > Music ?> Music Videos and select Shuffle (might work with other options, I didn’t try)

I set up a short selection of videos this way last night and when I came into work this morning, it was still playing.

looping videos on Apple TV from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.