Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won't let me send text messages in response to iMessages

I have iMessages switched off already in my settings, but since updating to iOS8 it won't let me message anyone who's sent me an iMessage.

How can I send a text message to people that are using iMessage?

I know that if I turn iMessage on, I can send it and then force a text message instead. But based on past experience it always sends too quickly and I can't change it in time.

Is this just an annoying trait of the new iOS I have to live with now? I really hope not. It's confirming my desire to get an Android for my next phone.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 3, 2015 6:44 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2015 2:27 PM in response to mabelme

Hello mabelme,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having difficulty replying to messages that were sent as iMessages. In this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through suggested troubleshooting steps that are located in the attached article to help resolve this problem.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Won't let me send text messages in response to iMessages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.