Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you burn a dvd from iMovie 13?

Okay...so I upgraded from iMovie 11 to imovie 13. I just finished a project that I need to make 30 copies for my students who were on this trip with me. How do I do it? There is no direct link to burn the project like in iMovie 11. Any advice???

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on May 3, 2015 4:56 PM

2 replies

May 3, 2015 9:10 PM in response to gmanrg

You will need to have the program iDVD. If you do not have it, it is readily available on Amazon as part of iLife 09 or iLife 11. Yes, there are alternatives to iDVD but they have nowhere near the ease of use or power of iDVD.

Go to File>Share>File, choose the size (probably should choose either SD or Large) then click Next, give it a name, then click Save.

( If a movie is not selected, the Share button will be greyed out. Select a movie, then click Share. )

Go to iDVD. Go to File>Import>Video and select the file you just created. It will bring the video into your iDVD project.

For better quality, I normally use iMovie HD 06. However you can use iMovie 13 as well.

can you burn a dvd from iMovie 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.