Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot stream external webcam audio and video at the same time

MacBook Air 13-inch

1.8 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Microsoft LifeCam Studio

Webcam Settings App

While using Blue Jeans web conferencing I have poor audio quality output when using the video and audio from the external camera SIMULTANEOUSLY.

I can use EITHER the internal microphone on the Macbook Air or the FaceTime while using EITHER the audio or video from the external camera and have not problems. This seems to exclude the problem of slow internet.

Is it possible there is not enough processor power

Thank you for any help you can offer,

Ty

Posted on May 3, 2015 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:38 AM

tbrodale wrote:... Is it possible there is not enough processor power...

Unless you are operating multiple other apps at the same time, the answer to your question is almost certainly "no."

If you are running multiple apps, more RAM might make your Mac more responsive,

but I think it unlikely that your 4GB RAM is the cause of your audio problem.

tbrodale wrote:... any help you can offer...

Because you are using your system with third-party non-Apple software, your best information should come from its developer's help system. If BlueJeans Support doesn't help you resolve your problem, search or post for help in BlueJeans Community. The BlueJeans users who post there may have already solved this problem.

You might even find some helpful ideas in Microsoft Webcam Support.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.3

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 9:38 AM in response to tbrodale

tbrodale wrote:... Is it possible there is not enough processor power...

Unless you are operating multiple other apps at the same time, the answer to your question is almost certainly "no."

If you are running multiple apps, more RAM might make your Mac more responsive,

but I think it unlikely that your 4GB RAM is the cause of your audio problem.

tbrodale wrote:... any help you can offer...

Because you are using your system with third-party non-Apple software, your best information should come from its developer's help system. If BlueJeans Support doesn't help you resolve your problem, search or post for help in BlueJeans Community. The BlueJeans users who post there may have already solved this problem.

You might even find some helpful ideas in Microsoft Webcam Support.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.10.3

Cannot stream external webcam audio and video at the same time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.