Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple repair replace the hard drive on iPod classic 160 GB?

I have an iPod Classic 160GB that will no longer sync and I cannot restore. After reading the apple support forums, I have run the manual diagnostics and I am 99.9% sure that the hard drive has died (Disk Utility indicates that the drive size is now 8 KB). I would just go buy a new one - but they have discontinued them. Does anyone know if Apple Support will install a new hard drive? I have read some posts online about how you can do it yourself - but I am not comfortable trying to do it myself. If Apple support no longer repairs the iPod Classic 160GB - does anyone know where I can buy a refurbished one? I LOVE this model - it can hold ALL my music as well as podcasts, videos, etc. Apple sells the iPod Touch now - with only 64 GB! That is the largest hard drive on an iPod currently available. Not really interested in this model. I prefer the click wheel model. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

iPod classic

Posted on May 3, 2015 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 1:24 AM

Start with:

Service Answer Center - iPod

Find answers to all your questions about service options, warranty, pricing, and other processes in your country.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

5 replies

May 26, 2015 12:32 PM in response to RobinFS

On the page I linked to, follow the link for Authorised Service Provider,

User uploaded file

and follow the Service option. On that page, select your location and see if an Apple Authorised Service Provider can help you out.

A few years ago, I used an Authorised Service Provider, here in the UK, to have my iPod repaired. I suggest you try that route rather than Apple direct.

Jun 21, 2015 10:53 PM in response to RobinFS

Just want to thank you for your assistance. I live in Singapore - and found an authorized local repair center. Took my iPod Classic in - they couldn't repair but said that they could order me a replacement. The cost was quite reasonable (SG $220). Less than what I paid for for the original. I received the replacement with a valid serial number - and I am good to go! Thanks again for your help - I so appreciated it!

Will Apple repair replace the hard drive on iPod classic 160 GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.