Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor compatible with ATI Radeon HD 4870

I Have a Mac Pro 3,1 10.7.3Quad core Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz processor. 1 core, 6 GB memory do I need a special monitor to read that? My Miro is now not reading the signal, even though it works with other computers

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), EWQL Orchestra Gold sounds used

Posted on May 3, 2015 7:17 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2015 2:37 PM in response to leib

Hey leib,

Since the display is working with other computers, it's likely that the display should work with your Mac Pro. The article linked below details a number of troubleshooting steps that can help get the two to cooperate with each other.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

Sincerely,

Allen

May 5, 2015 11:27 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks, Allen. What finally worked was to use a monitor whose port is also DVI, not VGA, so that the connection is DVI-DVI. With a VGA out of the monitor and using a transformer (that came with my Apple) to DVI, the Apple Logo would appear, but as soon as the computer was fully booted the monitor would go black.

Monitor compatible with ATI Radeon HD 4870

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.