Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID question - PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi,

I was hoping someone can help me please.

When I try to update apps on my ipad it asks me for my Apple ID. When I enter it, it asks me for another apple ID and it is using my recovery email for whatever reason. First of all I don't have that apple ID, and if I try any password it says wrong password and then I can't update anything.

Then my Google app disappeared, it shows that it is installed but it isn't there.

When I try to open it from app store, Open button is missing so I can't open or update that app.

I don't know what to do?!?!?!

Thank you!

iPad 2

Posted on May 3, 2015 9:38 PM

2 replies

May 3, 2015 9:53 PM in response to natashafromryde

The missing google app could be because of a restriction (Settings, General, Restrictions).

The other issue - if an app was downloaded using another apple ID, you would have to have the password for that apple ID to redownload or update it. If it is a free app, and you won't lose anything, you could try deleting it and redownloading it again.

HTH

Apple ID question - PLEASE HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.