Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple emailing me responses by to two posters with their problem listed in Legacy Networking?

In the last two days I posted a question in the Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger Community which was responded by BDAqua with an email to me and of course also on the Question Listing -- which worked just fine for me and my problem. However, since then, I have also been sent by mistake by Apple -- email for two posters (bhullar_surjit and remobi) in the Legacy Networking Community Question List with replies also by BDAqua. Of course the posters would see the replies in the Listing but probably not in their email in-boxes.

G4 933 MHz "2002 Quicksilver", 1.54 GB RAM, two 160 GB HD,, Mac OS X (10.4.11), iLife'06, LaCie d2 burner, 320 GB FreeAgent|Go Portable HD

Posted on May 3, 2015 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 10:30 PM

I've reported it in 2 places higher up… we'll see! 🙂

11 replies

May 5, 2015 2:47 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Hello, ChitlinsCC.

Thank you for your suggestion which appears to "target" the original question posed in the Support Community and the responding technician/moderator for stopping the subsequent email replies from being emailed to me as well -- as I understand it. At any rate, I have not tried out your approach since I had already been successful with the solution posted by stevejobsfan0123 as I reported in this discussion thread. But many thanks, none the less!

Raymon

May 5, 2015 4:17 PM in response to Raymon

OK. Let us know (but like I said, VERY low traffic forum).

After you UNfollow the forum, one thing * I * would definitely check, that only you can, is your email notifications preferences... Hosts MAY have the wherewithal to set a Personal Pref as Forum Managers - and turning that off would certainly stop all email notices, no matter who or what you Followed.

From the top of any thread (I'll use me as an example), click your username and choose Preferences > make sure the notification setting is ONUser uploaded file>>>>User uploaded file

Why is Apple emailing me responses by to two posters with their problem listed in Legacy Networking?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.