Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud claims I only have 1GB

I've been backing my iPhone up to the iCloud for the last two years and all of the sudden it has decided that it doesn't have enough space. This is ridiculous since I should have 5GB of iCloud space, and my phone only takes up 3GB. I only back up my contacts, calendars, and I turned off photos and all unnecessary apps. But I recently noticed that when I go into Settings>iCloud>Storage it tells me I have a total of 1GB and 958MB free. When I click upgrade iCloud storage it claims I should have 5GB (the free plan). Has anyone else experienced this?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 3, 2015 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:26 AM

It's yet another bug to add the ever growing iOS8 list. These things need testing better before unleashing iOS updates. Anyway my iPad is the same. I suspect this is why it has not auto backed up to iCloud in over 2 weeks despite spending numerous time on charge, locked and on home wifi. I managed to complete a manual iCloud backup on it but the auto back up refuses to kick in still. My iPad was showing 1.0 originally, I actually upgraded my iCloud storage yesterday to 20 gb (as I figured it could be useful soon) and it made the reading worse as it shows 0 bytes now!!! My iPhone 5s seems ok and is backing up normally and reflects the 20 gig storage correctly.

C'mon apple, too many bugs in iOS8, stop trying to add, add, add, add, add new features and actually focus on the the glitches and the things you break with the relentless iOS updates

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 6:26 AM in response to Rosie21

It's yet another bug to add the ever growing iOS8 list. These things need testing better before unleashing iOS updates. Anyway my iPad is the same. I suspect this is why it has not auto backed up to iCloud in over 2 weeks despite spending numerous time on charge, locked and on home wifi. I managed to complete a manual iCloud backup on it but the auto back up refuses to kick in still. My iPad was showing 1.0 originally, I actually upgraded my iCloud storage yesterday to 20 gb (as I figured it could be useful soon) and it made the reading worse as it shows 0 bytes now!!! My iPhone 5s seems ok and is backing up normally and reflects the 20 gig storage correctly.

C'mon apple, too many bugs in iOS8, stop trying to add, add, add, add, add new features and actually focus on the the glitches and the things you break with the relentless iOS updates

iCloud claims I only have 1GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.