Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why whenever I answer a thread do I have to "follow" it?

It is very annoying that every time I post to a thread, that thread is automatically added to my list of "following" threads - which means I then get emails whenever someone else responds also.

I realize that I could turn of email notifications - but why is there no option NOT to "follow" a thread just because you posted an answer/comment to it?

(Or am I missing something in my personal settings - because I don't see that option.)

Posted on May 3, 2015 6:23 PM

2 replies

May 3, 2015 7:15 PM in response to swandy

This is the state of NOT Following your thread

User uploaded file

Following a thread in which you participate is the logical WorkFlow choice one would make, so the SiteWare does it for you as a default.

You can simply click/tap

User uploaded file

to turn it off in the thread (or Community),

For the life of me, I cannot find any tool or link on my Activity - Manage Subscriptions NOR the plain old Activity page for Follow/Unfollow -

Activity = Following 'a thread' in the JiveWare parlance - Following a Community = Following ALL threads in that Community, so still technically it is thread based

If I were to "Manage" multiple instances of my Followng, I would use the Gear Tool on my Content/Participated page list

User uploaded file

Communities has a Gear Tool as well.

People has a "link" that changes back and forth like the check mark tool in threads and Community list pages

Why whenever I answer a thread do I have to "follow" it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.