Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13" Macbook Air auto restarts at login screen

Hey guys, having an issue here that just came up suddenly.

After shutting down my macbook, and turning it on, everything went as per normal and the login screen came up. I keyed in my password, and then the loading bar comes up, but after loading around 1/8 of it, my macbook just auto restarts (like the apple sound comes up again), and then I'm brought back into the login screen, but then this time, my background wallpaper went back to default. I tried using the touchpad and the sensitivity of the cursor is not what I adjusted it to be.

I am using OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.3.

Was wondering if anyone faced a problem like this and have a solution? Thanks!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)

Posted on May 3, 2015 7:45 PM

5 replies

Aug 27, 2015 5:46 PM in response to sigueroa

reformatted my macbook air and the issue disappeared. but then i updated to 10.10.5, and then i put sticky notes as login items. only now this time, my login screen is permanently at the default walllpaper, with cursor speed default, and trackpad touch deactivated also (basically default mac settings). not that it affects anything after i login, but would just like to know if there is a solution for this? tried disk repair, they said everything was ok.

thanks!

13" Macbook Air auto restarts at login screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.