Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone5S water-damaged screen damage

While playing music on my phone which is connected at that time to a powerbank it fell into the toilet. I grabbed it w/i n seconds, towel dried it, Apparently it wen off and I tried to charge it then the charging icon appeared but I decided not to continue to let it dry more for a while. I tried to charge it after 20mins but the charging icon didnt appear anymore. I put it on a rice bag for overnight (no more than 9hrs) then the charging icon appeared but blinking until it went still and the Apple icon appeared. Initially the touchscreen is not working well, trued typing all the letters and icon, sliding the screen but it responded slowly, I continue rebooting it until it worked properly. While using it (and currently charging), the screen went blue with lines and then faded to other colors. Tried to reboot it but the apple logo only appears then blue screen then fade to black, then apple logo again then blue screen then black again. I dont know what went wrong when it somehow worked.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 3, 2015 6:53 PM

2 replies

May 5, 2015 2:31 PM in response to cherriejs

Hello cherriejs,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From the description of the multiple issues that started to occur after dropping your iPhone in water, it looks like you will need to get service for the iPhone. To learn about your service options please review the information in the link below.

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Have a good one,

Alex H.

iphone5S water-damaged screen damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.