Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EXS24 doesnt produce sound when loading old sampler insturments (user and factory) from logic pro 9

Hi, i ve just upgraded from logic pro 9 to logic X and im having trouble with teh exs24 sampler. Basically i would like to know 1)How can i import my old sampler instruments 2)How can i import old factory sampler instruments such as drum kits? thanks

Posted on May 3, 2015 8:22 PM

4 replies

May 4, 2015 8:30 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Mmm Ive already done that. There are two separate issues that are bringing me trouble, and I suspect its for the same reason.

1) I`ve copied my old user sampler instruments from logic pro 9 in HD>Users>Music>Audio music apps>Sampler instruments

THis is working fine so far because when I open the sampler in logic my sampler instruments actually show up. The thing is that when I try to play them they dont sound at all or they sound only one note. FOr example: I load a drum kit, and the only note of the sampler that gives sound is C1 (a kick in this case). It looks as if the sampler instrument does not trigger correctly all the samples.

2) I ve became a big fan of some electronic kits of Logic Pro 9, for example, TR 808 kit, TR 909 kit, CR-78. As they are EXS24 sampler kits I thought it would be easy to copy them into logic X`s library of sampler instruments. Ive copied them, and their samples, and again, the sampler shows me their names, in factory samplers> TR 808 electronic Kit, but when I play them on my controller again I get no sound. Any ideas on why is the sampler behaving this way?

Thanks for your time

May 4, 2015 9:09 PM in response to Ignacio 5225

Im trying to find a post here or maybe on LPH where someone else reported this issue after moving sample files manually frokmma LP9 setup to LPX..

It was something to do with the samples becoming 'unlinked' from the exs file... so the paths no longer apply.

So far no luck in finding this but I'll carry on searching as it wasn't that long ago..... so Im sure Ill find it....

May 4, 2015 9:10 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Here is the essence of one such post....

In my experience, problems with samples not found can either be broken links in EXS24 instrument files, or just Finder problems.

As a start, you can try running Disk Utility off a separate boot drive or a Recovery partition. Run the Repair Disk routine.

If the problem persists, run DiskWarrior if you have it. (Very useful app)

If EXS24 returns a message that samples can't be found, then it can mean that the .exs file refers to file paths that don't exist anymore. Did you perhaps move any folders of sample files, or rename folders or files since you first worked on the project? You could always open EXS24 and look in the sample editor for missing file names. Then search in the Finder for these files, but make sure that system files are included in the search. If you can locate the missing samples, you can re-link the instrument, though this can be laborious if there are many samples missing.

EXS24 doesnt produce sound when loading old sampler insturments (user and factory) from logic pro 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.