Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change remove an old icloud account off an ipad

I have recently changed the apple id and my icloud account but forgot to sign out of the icloud account on my ipad and I can't delete the account off the ipad and sign in with the new account. how can I get around this?

Posted on May 3, 2015 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2015 10:55 PM

You should be able to simply sign-out of the old account on the iPad and then sign-in using your new Apple ID. You have to sign out from every category that uses it before signing on using your new Apple ID:

1. Settings/iCloud and tap the red "Sign Out" button at the bottom of the screen.

2. Settings/iTunes and App Store and tap "Apple ID: <old-appleid>" field and then "Sign Out" from pop-up menu.

3. If you have an iCloud email account using the old Apple ID: Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select the iCloud email account and tap red "Sign Out" button.

Now go back into each of those settings categories and enter your new Apple ID/password and sign in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2015 10:55 PM in response to Sam Patsalides

You should be able to simply sign-out of the old account on the iPad and then sign-in using your new Apple ID. You have to sign out from every category that uses it before signing on using your new Apple ID:

1. Settings/iCloud and tap the red "Sign Out" button at the bottom of the screen.

2. Settings/iTunes and App Store and tap "Apple ID: <old-appleid>" field and then "Sign Out" from pop-up menu.

3. If you have an iCloud email account using the old Apple ID: Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select the iCloud email account and tap red "Sign Out" button.

Now go back into each of those settings categories and enter your new Apple ID/password and sign in.

how to change remove an old icloud account off an ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.