Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble loading 12,227 photos onto my Mac?

I've had iPhones for years and have always transferred all the information from previous phones onto the newer editions, so over the years I've accumulated an execessive amount of photos which I need to totally clear as I'm going overseas and need the space on my phone for new photos. Everytime I connect my phone to iTunes, iPhoto no longer opens (if it does it freezes and shuts itself down), so I can't import through that direction. Does anyone know how I can get them either on to the computer or onto a separate hard drive (either is fine) so that I can keep my photos somewhere while freeing up the space? My iPhone is up to date with software etc, is a 64gb model but it's just not doing it! Thanks in advance for your help!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 1:41 AM

1 reply

May 4, 2015 2:13 AM in response to ditchy5

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it may have something to do with the application or update you are using on your computer, also the computer in which you are using. If you are using a Mac, make sure your computer is up to date and try opening "photos" not "iPhoto". You should see a welcome page if you have not used "photos" before. Click to take the tutorial or get started straight away. If it takes more then 10 minutes for "photos" to fully open after the welcome page or tutorial, try restarting your computer 🙂

Having trouble loading 12,227 photos onto my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.