Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This is a karaoke album for Children and there are no words for them I would like a full refund,

I could not believe that iTunes and Disney, along with all of the other companies who followed suit, to sell karaoke albums and singles meant for children without the words to appear on the screen.I was extremely disappointed in iTunes and Apple. I was mostly upset for my niece because it was her birthday party that she received the karaoke machine from her MaMom her grandma.

My question is to you is why do you not put big warnings on the karaoke albums and singles that you sell stating that there will be no word accompaniment with those particular products that you all sell?Just state it in easy to understand language nothing technological or legal.

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on May 4, 2015 12:38 AM

3 replies

May 4, 2015 12:59 AM in response to mediagal4890

Actually, Apple doesn't really read these forums - it's a bunch of other Apple users who try to help each other out. I can see why you are disappointed in your purchase. In general, karaoke tracks on iTunes do not have their lyrics viewable, they are simply the audio pieces to sing along to. A music file isn't able to display the words because it's a music file. I can see how this would be unapparent to the average customer. I would recommend selecting music for your niece's karaoke machine through a source that the machine recommends, which will most likely not be iTunes. You could also try shopping online (Amazon, maybe?) for discs of music that are compatible with the karaoke machine. I hope this helps!

May 4, 2015 6:39 PM in response to mediagal4890

mediagal4890 wrote:

I could not believe that iTunes and Disney, along with all of the other companies who followed suit, to sell karaoke albums and singles meant for children without the words to appear on the screen.I was extremely disappointed in iTunes and Apple. I was mostly upset for my niece because it was her birthday party that she received the karaoke machine from her MaMom her grandma.

My question is to you is why do you not put big warnings on the karaoke albums and singles that you sell stating that there will be no word accompaniment with those particular products that you all sell?Just state it in easy to understand language nothing technological or legal.

The iTunes Store does not sell karaoke tracks. Any track labeled "karaoke" in the iTunes Store is simply an instrumental backing track.

This mislabeling has been going on for as long as I can remember. Here is a customer reaction from 2008:

"I wonder how many of us have been duped this way. There is no place on the site that says this or I wouldn't have purchased. They should at least offer a refund once you spend the time and money to figure this out."

If you feel that the merchandise was not as labeled, feel free to contactiTunes Customer Service and request a refund.

This is a karaoke album for Children and there are no words for them I would like a full refund,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.