Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera doesn't work on Windows 8.1 on MacBook Pro

I have a MacBook Pro 15" 2.5GHz

When I run Windows 8.1 Enterprise on BootCamp the webcam is not working properly, hardly at all, in fact.

In all apps I tried (e.g. Skype) the image is "heavily shaking" (it looks as if each frame is taken with a different angle, even though that doesn't make sense because there is only one camera).

Then, when I close the app, the camera isn't "released". That is, even though I close the app (or at least try to), the green light next to the camera stays on, and the camera becomes unusable. At least in one occasion I even had problems rebooting the computer after this.

The driver for the FaceTime HD Camera seems to be up to date - 5.0.22.0

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 on BootCamp

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:23 AM

3 replies

May 23, 2015 1:33 PM in response to Charles Campbell2

Please see Re: Facetime HD not working in Windows 8.1. It seems to work properly on my Mac with BC drivers. The issue is usually third-party applications, not Windows.

Are the BC drivers installed correctly? I suggest Boot Camp: Install or repair Boot Camp drivers after downloading drivers appropriate for you specific Mac from System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support .

Camera doesn't work on Windows 8.1 on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.