Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing backup

I can't find the backup I did for my son's ipad yesterday but if I go into Edit>Preferences>Devices I can see it. Can I use it from there and if so how?

iPad 2

Posted on May 4, 2015 3:07 AM

6 replies

May 4, 2015 7:18 AM in response to Tinkerellie

I see that your Question has languished for some period of time without response. You have posted your issue in Using Apple Support Communities whose topic is 'How to use this forum software's interface, features and/or how to find what you wish'. It is a relatively low traffic and inappropriate forum for your problem. I will ask our Hosts to move it to " Using iPad " where it may get a more rapid response from your fellow users.

ÇÇÇ

May 5, 2015 3:36 AM in response to Tinkerellie

IF it shows up in that window, you should be able to access it from iTunes if you follow these instructions. Are you saying that it does not work like this?

1. Connect your device to the computer that you stored your backup on.
  2. Open iTunes. If iTunes tells you there's an iOS update, get the latest version.
  3. Choose your backup by going to File > Devices > Restore from Backup. Look at the date and size of each one and pick the most relevant.
  4. Click restore and wait for the process to finish. Your device will restart and then sync with your computer. Stay connected until the sync finishes.

May 4, 2015 6:53 PM in response to Demo

Thank you for your instructions but this is where it isn't showing. If I look under File>Devices>Restore from Backup I have about 8 different back ups (other children's, my husbands and mine) but not the one I'm needing. If I go under Edit>Preferences>Devices I can see the one I need. I'm not sure why it is showing up in one of the places but not the other. I haven't done the latest update though as I was scared this would further hinder my attempts to retrieve the backup. I will give it a go tonight after getting the latest update and see if that makes a difference.

Missing backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.