Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not syncing albums

While all my photos appear to have uploaded to iCloud and the albums are visible and correct on icloud.com/#Photos my Mac's Photos does not show the same content. I thought that each device would show the same content, with storage for originals or thumbnails being specific to each device. My Mac is not showing the albums that my iPhone and iCloud.com show.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on May 4, 2015 12:38 AM

2 replies

May 4, 2015 12:57 AM in response to matthewfromnew malden

It should, but your iPhone may still bestowing old albums from iPhoto on iOS that cannot be migrated.

Try the following.

• Empty the caches in your Web Browser, so you are sure, you are seeing the current content on iCloud.com.
  • Recreate one of the missing albums on your iPhone to be able to see, if it will sync now. Then delete toe original album.

May 4, 2015 5:38 AM in response to léonie

I have tried both of those and checked iCloud on another machine. I have also created a new album which has new photos - this too is not being seen by the Mac.

Perhaps it is my understanding - are the albums which I create on my iPhone only seen on the Mac under Shared? I thought they would appear, for me, under the Albums tab.

Photos not syncing albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.