Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I free up hard drive space on a MacBook Pro. My 250 gig hard drive is almost full and my performance is horrible. Some I want to delete, some I want to save to a Seagate external. How do I know I'm not just copying it to the Seagate?

How do I free up hard drive space on a MacBook Pro. My 250 gig hard drive is almost full and my performance is horrible. Some I want to delete, some I want to save to a Seagate external. How do I know I'm not just copying it to the Seagate external drive instead of freeing up space? Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 4, 2015 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 4:45 AM

When you have copied data to the external HDD, then you must drag the copied material on your MBP to to trash and empty trash. Then you will have reclaimed space on your MBP HDD for new data.

Ciao.

3 replies

How do I free up hard drive space on a MacBook Pro. My 250 gig hard drive is almost full and my performance is horrible. Some I want to delete, some I want to save to a Seagate external. How do I know I'm not just copying it to the Seagate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.