Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think 8.3 broke my iPad 4.

So I have an iPad 4 that was bought on its release date and since then, I have been very much enjoying the iPad experience especially with the iOS 7 update. I primarily use it for all of my books in highschool and all our homework/schoolwork is there since I just get it from my teacher's data cloud and I send it back to her when I'm done. Working, playing, using the iPad for most of the time ran smooth because I refused to update into iOS 8 and stayed with 7.1.2 instead. Now that Apple has been force updating all my iDevices (I have an iPod Touch 5, an iPhone 5S, and this iPad) into iOS 8.3, I really had no choice. The iPad seemed to work normally as it did in the first 3 days with a few lags, expected since it just recently updated. Although, in the following days and weeks, I observed that the iPad would randomly freeze itself and restart, or not turn on at all. I have tried to reformat the iPad many times using all the known methods like connecting to iTunes, pressing the lock and home button at the same time, charging and etc. It still won't work! I'm kinda hesitant to bring it to the local tech store near us since it's not an Apple-licensed store, and the nearest Apple Store is about 10 hours away and I don't have the luxury to travel that long since I have to take classes on weekdays and weekends. Can you guys recommend me some sort of work-around in this problem? I don't really worry about the data I have in the tablet since I can access them on my other devices. I just don't want this expensive piece of technology to go to waste.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 4, 2015 3:09 AM

1 reply

I think 8.3 broke my iPad 4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.