Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi on iOS 8.3 (potential fix... maybe)

I have both an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad Air 2. Both are at iOS version 8.3. I also have a Netgear X4 Nighthawk R7500 router.

My Wi-Fi problems seem to compound themselves overtime. Initially iOS 8.3 appeared to resolve these issue, but within a day I was getting dropped connections.

The problem appears even though the iPhone/iPad Wi-Fi icon says it has a full connection. When you go to the Internet via an app or via iOS Safari you can see that nothing is happening. This means the iOS Wi-Fi bug has struck. To resolve the problem I open up the iOS Control Centre by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and then disabling and re-enabling the Wi-Fi Icon. Normally this will last for a short time before the Wi-Fi bug kicks in again and then I repeat the process I've just described to disable and then re-enable Wi-Fi. It can get very tedious after it happens several times in swift succession.

So, this morning, after facing the same pain I went on the hunt for answers. Perhaps I have found one... only time will tell.

Apples' Support Site contains the following advice:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204409 "Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network"

I'm a bit of an inveterate fiddler and had disabled the WMM setting on my Netgear router. Not an unreasonable thing to do because I do a lot of movie streaming from Netflix, Amazon, Sky, Apple, Etc, etc, and performance appeared to suffer when WMM and QoS where turned on, so off they went. It now appears that this might have been an own goal because of the issues I've experienced with my Apple kit. So now, following Apple's advice, WMM is turned back on.

It'd be interesting to hear if other iOS 8.3 fans have solved their problems by following the guidance in the above article.

Cheers.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, iPad Air 2

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:48 AM

There are no replies.

Wifi on iOS 8.3 (potential fix... maybe)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.