Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multicam Q: Multi-Multicam to handle scattered use

Hi

I was curious how vets handle this:

Doing my first multicam on interviews for doc. I would be using short clips of interviewees thru-out.

So should I make a single multicam project for each interview and then use the range tool to select the section I want to use at that point in the main project and either copy it to the main project and edit there or would I have to copy it to a project devoted to multicam editing, edit there and then place in the main project?

best

elmer

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on May 4, 2015 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 2:37 PM

So, do you have separate interview sessions – each of them using multiple angles? And then you're going going to combine those into a single project?

Or are these the same interview with different takes on the same interview question?

Russ

3 replies

May 4, 2015 8:54 AM in response to elmerlang

elmerlang wrote:

... should I make a ... or would I have to ...

Neither, I would say ... 😁

Each interview a single multicam = the audio track and your 2,3,... camera angles.

Th resulting multicam clip is a clip as any other too: you can/should tag it in the Events browser, you can apply parts of it to any Project; you can use the MC in several projects; you can use several MCs in one project and so on ...

And for selecting 'parts', you don't use the Range tool, but as with any other clip with the skimmer..

The 'hidden secert', that this single clip offers several angles, will be revealed after adding it to a project: there, you can switch angles by simply hitting 1,2,3 on the keyboard... you can use the Trim-tool to refine those edits, you can apply transitions to those edits, you can apply Cut-aways with those MCs etc etc etc ...

May 4, 2015 2:37 PM in response to Karsten Schlüter

Thanks, gents, for your replies.

@ Russ H–It is a series of interviews of different people, but cutting up parts of the interview to insert at appropriate places.

@Karsten–That's it!. . . But let me ask one more question. Is there a way to lengthen/shorten the original multicam clip that's in the Browser? (Why? See next para.) I tried dbl-clicking to open in a timeline, but shortening the audio and b-roll to match the beginning of the a-roll didn't seem to change the length. I used to do this with Sync clips, vid & aud, and it worked but not here.

Why? The a-roll has markers for keys points in interview and if the Multicam is the same length as the a-roll they'll be easy to find again using time code.

best

elmer

Multicam Q: Multi-Multicam to handle scattered use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.