Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is YouTube gone?

WWhy is YouTube Gone?

Apple TV (2nd generation)

Posted on May 4, 2015 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:01 AM

Because the new app doesn't work on the 2nd generation Apple TV and Google aren't supporting the old app any longer.

5 replies

May 4, 2015 7:25 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Well, that's disappointing. Still, the 2nd gen are quite old now, I suppose. I've replaced newer laptops. It would have been nice to have been given a choice though, perhaps a warning before they took it away. I got quite a lot of use out of it as my TV is hooked up to the surround sound system and my laptop isn't, usually.

Oh well, first world problems. Time to buy a new Apple TV. Thanks for the answer.

Nov 4, 2015 1:19 PM in response to rnewmancork

Apple TV. It's a simple device. No moving parts. Just a little software. But by not providing the apps, Apple makes that device one step closer to obsolete. What a shame. For my part, one reason I've been a loyal apple customer is because the computers last twice as long as windows computers, which obsolete much more quickly. But this simple device, the Apple TV, it should be an example of something that just keeps on ticking.... Am very disappointed.

Why is YouTube gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.