Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone be locked!

My iphone 6 plus is American t-mobile version ,the beginning is not active, then I notice that store have unlocked my phone can also be used , but i resetting late the phone was locked, and I hope Apple can help me unlocked!thx

<Personal Information Removed by Host>

Posted on May 4, 2015 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 4:35 AM

Have you tried to restore the device through iTunes? If the phone company states the device is unlocked, only thing apple can do to unlock it; is a restore through itunes.

14 replies

May 4, 2015 6:20 AM in response to danny macau

Apple can not help you unlock it. If a store unlocked it they hacked the phone, because the only legitimate way to unlock a phone is to have the carrier it is locked to unlock it. Carriers control locking, not Apple. And if it has been unlocked illegally, as it appears to have been, any time you restore it or update it the phone will again be locked.

May 6, 2015 7:04 AM in response to danny macau

If it is from the US, it is not a Verizon phone, because all Verizon phones are unlocked. AT&T will only unlock phones for current or former customers. T-Mobile is more generous, and Sprint will usually unlock for International use. You only hope is to find which carrier it is locked to (you can call Apple and they can tell you), then call that carrier in the US and politely make your case for unlocking. Or visit their website, which will have a page for applying for an unlock.

my phone be locked!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.