Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Wine or CrossOver a good option

I have a coupon for a 25% discount off CodeWeavers CrossOver Mac ( WEAVEME ) has anyone here used CrossOver to run their Windows applications or Games?

Posted on May 4, 2015 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 9:44 AM

I've messed a bit with wine in both OS X and linux and imho it's limited and not something people who are not tech minded can really operate

and likely a no go for games in general

a virtual machine even a free one such as virtual box would be great for just applications but if you need games and of cause have a mac with a gpu which can handle games (imho this exclude most of the intel onboard ones) then bootcamp is the only way

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 9:44 AM in response to TomWickline

I've messed a bit with wine in both OS X and linux and imho it's limited and not something people who are not tech minded can really operate

and likely a no go for games in general

a virtual machine even a free one such as virtual box would be great for just applications but if you need games and of cause have a mac with a gpu which can handle games (imho this exclude most of the intel onboard ones) then bootcamp is the only way

Is Wine or CrossOver a good option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.