Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

REMOTE DESKTOP (MICROSOFT) NOT WORKING SINCE YOSEMITE UPDATE. ANY ONE KNOW A FIX FOR THIS ?

MICROSOFT RDP HAS WORKED FINE WITH YOSEMITE.

AIRPORT UTILITY IS UP TO DATE.

SINCE YOSEMITE UPGRADE THERE IS NO ABILITY TO CONNECT FROM HOME TO OFFICE.

IOS DEVICES CAN CONNECT BUT THEY ARE CELLULAR ANYWAY SO IT SEEMS TO BE CONNECTED TO THE WIFI NETWORK.

I AM RUNNING MY CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET ON A RECENTLY PURCHASED NETGEAR ROUTER.

THERE IS ALSO A TIME CAPSULE IN MY SETUP.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 4, 2015 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:19 AM

I don't seem to have the issue you have, and I'm forced to use M$ RDP for work. Are you running the latest version of RDP? It's free on the Mac App Store.

4 replies

May 4, 2015 9:22 AM in response to Rudegar

Thats a good point. Let's troubleshoot network connectivity.

Open RDP, right click your connection and select edit, then copy the PC name.

open terminal Finder > Utilities > Terminal and type the following

telent YourPCName 3389

where "YourPCName" is the name you copied above. Hit enter

You won't get a "success" message or anything, if the terminal window just goes blank, then there is not a firewall/network issue.

If you clearly get an error, then it's either Firewall or DNS. Try the following in terminal

ping YourPCName

if it starts showing an IP address, line by line by line, then it is definatelly a firewall issue

if not, trying getting the IP address from the winders box by opening a command prompt and type

ipconfig

do all the above again but use the IP address in place of YourPCName

REMOTE DESKTOP (MICROSOFT) NOT WORKING SINCE YOSEMITE UPDATE. ANY ONE KNOW A FIX FOR THIS ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.