Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 ear speak only worked when pressed.now not at all.changed speaker did not work .so put old one back as I know this did work.what I need to know is why it worked when pressed so I can address the possible issue of maybe ribbon cable to camera

NO sound from ear speaker.tried tried turning off b toothe, sucking ear hole,putting in ear plugs and removing,new ear speaker ,etc with no success.could it be ribbon.why worked when pressed around ear hole .but no longer works though ?!!

iPhone 5, 16gb iPhone 5

Posted on May 4, 2015 7:13 AM

4 replies

May 4, 2015 3:03 PM in response to Fella1200

By opening the phone you take 100% responsibility for it. Apple will never touch it again and will not honor their fixed price replacement policy. There are NO Apple parts available anywhere (not even on eBay), as Apple does not sell spare parts. Any parts that you see being offered are copies or counterfeits, or scavenged from broken, lost or stolen phones.

May 4, 2015 2:30 PM in response to Fella1200

Dumb question but did you make sure both your volume and ringer are up? (Volume can only be adjusted by playing music and Ringer when none is playing) and made sure mute is off (You have a switch on the side that when down show's an orange line. Make sure you see all silver and no orange line.)

In other news, yes, you can service iPhone parts via eBay, but they are tiny and require enormous mechanical and technical expertise, aka only for professionals. You can seriously damage or even brick/break your iPhone by replacing parts on your own.

There are many iPhone repair shops besides Apple that may be able to help. Apple may be your only option though, do not touch those internals unless you have a very good idea of what your doing. You will need anti-static gear, special tools etc.

At the end of the day, an Apple appointment (even for an unsupported device) will be cheaper and safer than doing it yourself.

iPhone 5 ear speak only worked when pressed.now not at all.changed speaker did not work .so put old one back as I know this did work.what I need to know is why it worked when pressed so I can address the possible issue of maybe ribbon cable to camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.