Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4s is disabled - can't be restored in iTunes because Find My iPhone is enabled.

I am currently using my old iPhone 4s as an extra device around the house for my kids to use as an iPod. The cellular service is not available on the phone. I had a password set up so the kids couldn't use it with out my permission. Well, someone tried to put in an incorrect password so many times that the phone says "iPhone is Disabled - connect to iTunes." I tried connecting to iTunes, but because I had the "find my iPhone" enabled, iTune's won't restore the phone.

I have tried going to iCloud to erase my phone (I read this is the only way to go about restoring the phone if you have this enabled), but the phone shows up as "offline" and won't erase until it is online again. I wasn't sure how to get it online again. I read that it will show up as "off line" if the cellular service is turned off.

So, what do I do? Please help!

Thank you!

Posted on May 4, 2015 7:29 AM

8 replies

May 5, 2015 7:11 AM in response to lafleurdesign

Please help! I have tried everything I can think of and have searched the internet trying to find a way to remedy this. My iPhone does not show up in the list of devices when I go to iCloud from my computer, but when I got to iTunes and click "Restore iPhone" it tells me that I need to turn off "Find my phone." I have powered off my phone, restarted it and had no luck.

May 5, 2015 8:00 AM in response to lafleurdesign

Maybe try forcing it into DFU mode?

Turn your device off and connect your cable to the computer, but not the device just yet. Start up iTunes. Now, hold down the home button on your device and plug it in to the cable - don't let go of the button until iTunes tells you it's detected a device in recovery mode. Now you can restore to factory settings.

May 5, 2015 9:15 AM in response to AmishCake

I just tried forcing DFU mode following your instructions. It looked like it was going to work, and looked like it was restoring to factory settings, but when it was complete, the phone was still disabled and when linked to iTunes, it still says I can't restore because "Find my iPhone" needs to be turned off.

Thank you for the ideas! Any more?

My iPhone 4s is disabled - can't be restored in iTunes because Find My iPhone is enabled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.